Thursday, February 12, 2009

Sirius XM Bankruptcy

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123440851532776029.html

I am going to write about one of my favorite pieces of technology. I am going to talk about "The Best Radio On Radio." Sirius Satellite Radio. I love my Sirius Radio. It is a shame that the company has so much short-term debt. Sirius really is a disruptive innovation in it's infancy. The fact that consumers are willing to pay to listen to radio shows that this business model can survive.

Sirius Satellite Radio is so much better than regular radio. First there are no commericals on the music channels. There is a wide variety of music channels to listen to. They have everything from 40's era music to Bluegrass and Techno music. Another great aspect of Sirius that I like is the fact that when I am traveling I do not have to hit the scan button to hopefully find some kind of music that I like. My Sirius works everywhere. Last but not least my favorite part of Sirius is Howard Stern. I know that his name brings to mind so negative thoughts. But it is a great show to listen to. He truly does get a bad rap. Howard is well versed and very knowledgeable in many different fields. He provides good insight on life and helps you forget about the troubles that you are experiencing in your life.

I hope that an investor will come through and save them from this attempt at a hostile takeover. I believe that this product can survive in the market. Sirius just has to lose some of its major debt. They have over 200 million subscribers and that number is still growing. So there obviously is a demand for this product. Sirius is the new way of radio and I think if more people would try it they would feel the same way. Trust me Sirius is worth the $9 or $10 a month.

No comments: