Friday, January 30, 2009

Burberry Online Sales

I am currently doing my senior capstone project on the Burberry Company. In my research I came across something interesting pertaining to online sales and the reach of those online sales. I was shocked to see that Burberry does not offer online sales to some of the world's largest and upcoming markets like, Asia, the Middle East, and India. There is no reason for this to be true.

Burberry currently only offers online sales to the US, UK, and some European countries. My capstone group is looking into this situation. I believe that Burberry should begin to offer this convienent feature to these demographics because of the current state of the worldwide economy. By bering able to reach these under penetrated markets Burberry could help lessen the total effects of this economic downturn.

The Asian, Middle East, and Indian markets are important up and coming markets to sell product in. Especially because the luxury industry that Burberry is involved in is starting to feel the pressures of the economic downturn.

No comments: